GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a Paralegal to join our growing Family Law practice group. This is a full-time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
- initial file review and assessment;
- maintaining a diary and BF system;
- managing and overseeing files from start to finish with minimal supervision;
- drafting documents including; court pleadings, application materials, mediation summaries, chronologies, Judicial Case Conference briefs and opinion letters;
- managing the document discovery process;
- reviewing, summarizing, and organizing documents;
- preparing lists of documents;
- communicating with clients and opposing counsel;
- preparing Form 8 financial statements;
- drafting settlement documentation;
- liaising with legal assistants, paralegals, other lawyers, and clients on file progress; and
- general administrative duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- graduate of a recognized paralegal program;
- a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Family Law Paralegal;
- strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, DivorceMate, Adobe, MYLTSA, Court Services Online, Eclypse Document Management;
- extensive knowledge and understanding of the Supreme Court Family Rules, Family Law Act, Divorce Act and court procedures and filing deadlines;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- excellent organizational skills and, attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- a client-centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- dedicated to providing service beyond expectation; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 90 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful, and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal-driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- day off with pay after one year anniversary;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunities to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website to find out more about Clark Wilson (www.cwilson.com). You can apply for this position here or by directing your resume to Sherri Fostvelt, Director of Human Resources.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.