GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking an intermediate to senior Securities Paralegal to join our growing Capital Markets, Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions Group. This is a full time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
- SEDAR, SEDI and BC Registry filings for reporting companies;
- drafting materials for brokered and non-brokered private placement and public (prospectus) financings together with post-closing filings;
- drafting continuous disclosure (i.e. new releases, material change reports, MD&A, etc.) documents;
- drafting materials and coordinating filings with the Toronto Stock Exchange, the TSX Venture Exchange and the CSE;
- assisting lawyers in preparing documentation related to securities, continuous disclosure, and private placement notices;
- preparing reports of due diligence audits;
- liaising with legal assistants, paralegals, other lawyers and clients on file progress; and
- general administrative duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- graduate of a recognized Paralegal program or equivalent relevant experience;
- a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working as a Paralegal in the securities practice group of a law firm;
- knowledge of securities legislation;
- knowledge of the Canada Business Corporations Act;
- proficiency with SEDAR software and online websites related to filings such as SEDI;
- strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and BC Online;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- excellent organizational skills and, attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- a client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- dedicated to providing service beyond expectation; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms and most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 90 highly accomplished lawyers and approximately 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- An RRSP-matching program
- An annual education/tuition allowance
- Ongoing continuing education
- Health and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Personal days to help balance outside commitments
- Employee assistance program
- Monetary incentive for employee referrals
- Casual day every Friday
- Plenty of opportunity to get to know your co-workers during our various social events throughout the year
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website to find out more about Clark Wilson (www.cwilson.com). You can apply for this position here or by directing your resume to Sherri Fostvelt, Director of Human Resources.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.