GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a Manager of Office Services and Premises to lead our Office Services department and contribute to an environment that exemplifies our core values. This role will be desirable for someone who values teamwork and enjoys a hands-on approach to all premise-related activities throughout the firm. The position is ideal for a service-driven individual with a can-do attitude who thrives on fostering a sense of community and a positive experience for their team.
Come join a firm where growth is supported and success is celebrated. Discover your potential.
- Providing leadership and oversight of the day-to-day operations of Central Services, Reception, Host Services and Records Management, including prioritizing projects and tasks and scheduling;
- Direct supervision of Central Services, Reception, Host Services and Records Management, including departmental hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, conflict resolution, performance management, and conducting annual reviews;
- Identifying, evaluating, and implementing efficiencies and improvements to existing and new processes and procedures;
- Preparing annual budgets and working with the COO, Controller, and Director of Finance on-premises related projects;
- Ensuring premises are always maintained and in good repair by conducting regular inspections of the premises, overseeing minor repairs, and following up with building management and outside suppliers to correct deficiencies in a timely manner;
- Co-ordinate any office renovations and improvements and communicate with stakeholders;
- Monitoring and managing any issues with building management, including but not limited to security, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing issues;
- Managing all internal office moves, developing moving plans to ensure orderly execution and ensuring resources are allocated to complete the moves, and coordinating all work performed by outsourced movers;
- Managing work performed by, and maintaining relationships with, outside vendors and performing regular vendor and supplier reviews;
- Working with the Office Services Coordinator on inventory management of supplies and equipment;
- Keeping the firm’s Disaster Response plan up to date with current contact information and reviewing annually with the Firm Directors;
- Chair of the firm’s Safety Team, and maintaining the Firm’s Safety procedural manual; and
- Completing projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Three to five years of experience managing a team with the ability to motivate and inspire team members;
- Experience in a professional services environment is an asset;
- Proven ability to take ownership of the role with a solution-focused attitude, a demonstrated track record of problem-solving and excellent follow-through;
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, with very strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to partner and communicate effectively with all levels of the firm, including external stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills and a focus on exceptional client service;
- Experience with creating and monitoring budgets;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Occupational Health and Safety standards and requirements;
- Post-secondary education in Facilities Management and/or PMP and/or FMP certifications are considered an asset.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and Best Lawyers® Canada for professional excellence.
Clark Wilson is proud to be recognized as a Best Workplace™ in both British Columbia and Canada, as well as the following distinct categories–
- Best Workplace™ for Professional Services
- Best Workplace™ for Women in the Workplace
- Best Workplace™ for Mental Wellness
- Best Workplace™ for Giving Back
Our firm is comprised of over 100 highly accomplished lawyers and 160 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful, and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal-driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- health spending account;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- day off with pay after one year anniversary;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunities to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under the Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website to find out more about Clark Wilson (www.cwilson.com). You can apply for this position here.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted