GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson is seeking a Receptionist to join our firm. This is a full-time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported. The hours of work will be 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Welcoming clients and guests to the firm in a warm, friendly, customer service-oriented approach;
- Ensuring that visiting clients and guests are meeting COVID-19 protocols before entering the office;
- Answering incoming calls on the Cisco switchboard and directing calls to the appropriate party;
- Maintaining the attendance calendar;
- Maintaining the firm’s phone lists and floor maps, and ensuring that they are always up to date;
- Maintaining the boardroom and catering schedule;
- Arranging catering for meetings and functions and working closely with the Host Services team to ensure all meetings run smoothly;
- Arranging flowers and gift orders to be sent to internal and external clients;
- Booking travel arrangements (flights, hotels, etc.) For lawyers and clients;
- Filing and organizing invoices for Accounting purposes;
- Maintaining a detailed log of incoming deliveries and pick-ups;
- Receiving, stamping and scanning deliveries to Reception;
- Coordinating with the Central Services team on interoffice deliveries to the appropriate lawyer/LAA;
- Arranging for documents to be properly accepted for service by the responsible lawyer;
- Greet service personnel and salesmen and direct them to the appropriate person;
- Maintaining neatness of the reception area and client center;
- Overseeing security access cards, including maintaining the inventory;
- Assisting staff and lawyers with video-conference and phone-conference setups;
- Coordinating with LAAs to organize parking for external clients;
- Report heating, air-conditioning, lighting, telephone problems, etc. to the Office Manager or the building maintenance personnel;
- Advising clients on exit procedures in the event of emergencies;
- Performing title and corporate searches on myLTSA and BC Online;
- Completing Equifax applications for Client ID & Verification;
- Supporting ongoing clerical projects for other departments in the firm;
- Maintaining the firm’s Cisco IP phone system and providing support and training to users on the operation of the phones;
- Resolving technical phone problems by working closely with our systems department; and
- Providing administrative support as needed to various departments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A client-centred approach with a commitment to providing outstanding service;
- Experience using a switchboard and administrative experience or similar role;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Exceptional organizational skills and, attention to detail;
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft word, outlook, excel, and adobe;
- Previous experience working with a cisco phone system is an asset; and
- The ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and adapt to changing demands.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and Best Lawyers® Canada for professional excellence.
Clark Wilson is proud to be recognized as a Best Workplace™ in both British Columbia and Canada, as well as the following distinct categories–
- Best Workplace™ for Professional Services
- Best Workplace™ for Women in the Workplace
- Best Workplace™ for Mental Wellness
- Best Workplace™ for Giving Back
Our firm is comprised of over 100 highly accomplished lawyers and 180 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful, and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal-driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- health spending account;
- maternity and parental leave top-up;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- day off with pay after first anniversary;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunities to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under the Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website to find out more about Clark Wilson (www.cwilson.com). You can apply for this position here or by directing your resume to Tiej Dapp, Manager of Legal Support Services and Staff Recruitment.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.